MEMORIAL DAY: United Community is closed on May 30th, 2022

New to United Community

You must first register to access many of our services. Please bring with you to register: *

* Not required for the USDA food assistance through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).

A. Photo ID

Please bring 1 for each household member.

Acceptable forms of Identifcation:

  • Drivers License
  • International Passport
  • Birth Certificates (Children 0-18)
  • Government Issued ID

B. Proof of Address

Please bring one of the following:

  • First page of lease
  • Utility Bill (Electric, Gas, Cable)
    *Not a phone bill
  • Letter from lease holder/landlord
    *Must have name and address
  • Letter from Homeless Service Provider

C. Documentation of Income

Please bring one of the following:

  • Last 2 Pay Stubs
  • Social Security Award Letter
  • TANF Income Statement
  • Child Support Documents
  • Unemployment Statement Letter
  • Letter of Employment With Hourly Wages
  • Social Security Income
  • Alimony
  • Workmans Compensation
  • Any other income statement*

Our Food Service Area:

Zip Codes: 22306, 22307, 22308, 22309 and East of Telegraph 22303 and 22310.

Program Service Areas:

Early Learning Center: Open to all who are in need of quality early education and child care.

Progreso Center for Literacy: Serves residents of Fairfax County, Virginia.

Sacramento Neighborhood Center: Serves residents of Fairfax County, Virginia.

Creekside Community Center: Focuses on serving residents of the Creekside Village Community.

Healthy Families Fairfax – Mount Vernon: Focuses on serving local residents who are referred to the service.

Community Schools: Focuses on the students and their families at each school.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Interested in English as a Second Language classes? Click the link below to learn more.

If you are interested in our services for the first time, please click the link below.

*Site translation is completed through Google translate and may not be completely accurate.

Young student holding a thank you sign

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

Keep up with the community!